CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Leisure Day at C.T

I need a relief from work ... even though I knew I have some catching up to do. However I was quite stressed up already and thought that I could just take one single day off. I might go back to Chinatown this weekend with friends but I wanted to go and buy some heavier stuff back, therefore have make a short trip there this late morning. Hey, I am prepared to go down Chinatown again !

These are some items which I have bought at Chinatown and some CNY decorations scences taken:


Decorations along the street near Outram Park MRT Station


Chinatown Garden bridge


Taken from Garden Bridge looking across Chinatown Point


Moomoo on Garden Bridge. Previous year was Mickey mouse characters which were so much cuter. This year, the cows are not as adorable as Disney characters. Nonetheless, we still love to see them around.


Reminding us that Spring is here again !


"Chai Shen Ye" is here to give you ang baos & best wishes for Moomoo year !


The famous Bah Kwa "Lim Chee Guan" already attracted a line of customers queuing on a Tuesday late morning ! I cannot imagine the queue on weekend !


There were a lot of Taiwanese sweets, mochi, new year cake selling in Chinatown. The Taiwanese has improved the packaging tremendously over the years. The packaging are attractive and presentable.


Bought 3 ribbons for $3.30 to be "sticked" on to plants' body. You need to burn lightly on the silicon stuck behind the ribbon. Afterwhich you stuck the ribbon on the plant. The girl claimed that it won't hurt the plant .. hee hee. Not sure if it's true.


Auspicious looking Ox ...


Are those cherry blossoms ? It's been a long long time since any of our families have brought the real flowers home ... I wish I could buy some back but when I think of Jojo eating the fallen leaves or flowers, I cahnged my mind !


I have never bought anything from this type of dried meat stall. The only thing I know how to buy or cook is probably the chinese sausages.


Not too bad a crowd on a Tuesday afternoon ...


Again, many stalls along the street that sells Taiwanese sweets ..


This is Taiwanese New Year Cake (Nian Gou). They came in many flavours and the nice auntie kept asking me to try all the flavour samples. I have not taken breakfast or lunch when I reached Chinatown, so it was good. She actually helped me to fill my tummy ! One box is $6.00, she said she secretly sold me for $5.00. Hahaha...maybe business very bad hor.


I bought 7 boxes of 500 grams of Bah Kwa from this shop at Pearl Center.(5 boxes on behalf of 4 colleagues) The Auntie is very nice. I told her the Bah Kwa is too heavy for me to carry around while I shopped. She said I can leave in her shop and come back later to retrieve back.


Moomoo decorations along the main street of Chinatown


Moomoo decorations along the main street of Chinatown


Moomoo decorations along the main street of Chinatown


So what did I buy ?? The 2 very CNY-lookign cushions which costs only $2.00 each. The rest of the food stuff were bought from Bugis Street on Sunday.


Bought this rather nice juicy sweets from a "bu pin" shop and the CNY-looking cloth container.


Some Taiwan Nian Gou & Mochi


Home-made loveletter. One of them is pandan flavoured.


My friend introduced me to this Bah Kwa some years ago. This Bah Kwa is nice ! The meat is tender and not tough like some famous brands. They have 2 branches in Singapore. You can try the pineapple Bah Kwa if you like. (a bit sourish but meat is tender) In fact, the stall auntie is very nice, she let me try big chuck of all flavours and I must say they are all nice !


Can look at this brochure for more information. It is located at Pearl Center, corner shop along main road. Very easy to find ! (Bah Kwa is called "KIM PENG HIANG")


Some moo hanging stuff for the house ... there will be a lot of "Ox" coming to our hosue on 2nd day of Lunar .. so must put up more Ox-related things. BTW, my hubby is also an Ox, so definately must buy lah.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... u bought so many stuff????
Did u go there alone?
I tempted to try the bah kwa u posted.. nice huh?

Ah Fang

Xuan n Xiang said...

Your pics definitely made me feel CNY is round the corner! I am missing the mood here :( can't even see a moo moo ard, except looking at myself! LOL

babytai said...

To Ah Fang --> Yes, I went there alone. Suddenly, I needed a break, so went there alone. Hey, this Sat are we going ? I can bring u to the Bah Kwa stall. It's very nice ..& price v reasonable as u can see from the brochure.

To Cheng --> Yes, here u can feel more mood than in an "Ang Mo" country. I'll try to post more CNY things on my blog ... even though there's recession news this year, but still quite a lot of people buying things. LOL, I like it when u said "can't even see a moo moo ard, except looking at myself!"

Post a Comment