It was ironical that my first entry of our holidays was not based on Zurich. What if our itinerary planned was from London to Switzerland ? I guess I should be blogging about London now.
As in a Chinese saying "人算不如天算", the high and mighty human races finally got it's taste of it's own medicine. Sometimes, you just wonder why you were stuck in such an unfortunate situation? I have told CK that perhaps we were destined to go through thus. In fact, I won't say that I don't get anything put of this plight. I learnt that there are indeed nice folks back who are genuinely concern and pray for your safety back home. I have also seen the other darker side of Institutions who painted a nice picture to the world but have neglected you when u are just a minority in London. In just 6 days here till now, you get to see the obvious contrast of matters here.
I have cried for the first few days here. However, my tears were of touch by a friend who was doing all her best for us back in Singapore. Thank you Fang for doing this. There were also other friends and relatives who have done one way or another to make us feel better. Every little encouragement helps a lot. Thank you Ruth for e-registering us in MFA which we have problems doing it here.
It was quite a financial and mental strain for people who was in this situation. This is my first encounter too after travelling for so many years. To be stranded with a tour leader is definately better than being stranded alone. We have met a fellow Singaporean lady who was travelling alone called Sarah foo. She was totally devastated and even lost her appetite. We really felt very sorry for her. Anyhow, we have decided to keep on touch and having lunch at 12 pm tonight.
Missed Jojo too. Hopefully, the little doggy doesn't get the idea that he is being abandoned. I have having some negative thoughts that in case we are able to get on a flight but if we cannot touch ground safely, please have Jojo put under good care of our eldest sis-in-law,Leng Leng. Our parents should be well taken care by the insurances we bought.
Bad news this morning, another ash cloud had enveloped UK. Not sure if our flight booked will be cancelled again.
Bad news this morning. A second ash cloud has covered UK again.
Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Cinnamon Streusel Topping
-
This heavenly Pumpkin Bread recipe is everything a fall bake should be:
moist, warmly spiced and easy to make. The cinnamon streusel topping takes
this
...
2 weeks ago
4 comments:
You will be fine, don't worry.
We are waiting for you and CK to be back.
Meifang
Don't be disappointed and stay positive! You will be alright and be back home in a matter of time. Take good care!
hey... hang on there, i see the airports opening on news.
caught your entries in FB. hope u guys are getting on fine.
See ya guys in SG real soon!!
Post a Comment