Interior of the clean train. Yes, there were only two of us in the whole cubicle ! Shiok !
Un-sheltered bus stop. It was freezing cold in Interlaken waiting for the bus.Not too sure about the highlights in Interlaken as we just walked around the hotel's surrounding and it's small town. There is a bigger town in Interlaken West though. I thought there should be a crystal clear lake somewhere or am I wrong ?
Anyhow, we proceeded to take a short ride train to Lauterbrunnen the next day.
The row of hotels along the long stretch of road. Was grateful to bring our tripod so that we can take some couple photos.
Some Easter Day display on a shop window.
A cheeky pose with Lauterbrunnen as our backdrop. If you take a train (about $200 plus SGD per person), you would be able to reach the snow-capped Jungfraujoch mountain.
Two round stones caught our attention.
We decided to have our lunch. There were some restaurants along the street and we have finally settled on this rather beautiful cottage-styled restaurant. We didn't get a very warm welcome and I was beginning to feel about our awkward presence in most places we visited. They seems to keep an eye on us if if we would leave quietly without paying after eating. Generally, in Switzerland, they were not overly-friendly to Asians. They took our lunch orders without a smile but they were all smiles when serving their own people. So sad, my impression of Switzerland has gone down from 90% to just a mere 30% ! Of course, this was not just based on one isolated case but from quite a few incidents especially in restaurants ! I remembered when I was on a Europe package tour previously, I have no opportunities to interact with anyone, therefore has no idea that we were not treated with much respect. Suddenly, I missed the Kiwis (New Zealanders) ... most of them are friendly and nice to Asians ! To me, to have a fond memories of a country, the people matters. They will definitely have an impact on your holidays! Hmmm... a lunch or dinner costs a lot in Switzerland, hack care about all these snobs ! Let's enjoy our food !!!
2 comments:
Such a nice place to visit and yet the local people having such an attitude problem...quite disappointed to know that.
We were v disappointed too. In Singapore, we treated the Ah Mohs & other nationalities quite well leh. Somehow, they lived in their own world & forgotten that Asia is doing so well now.
Post a Comment