This was a day where I feel like baking was the only thing on my agenda!
I was browsing through the newly purchased bakery book and thought that I would like to bake something different this time. First thing, no chocolate ! Secondly, how about cake with fruits in them ? So I ended up with a Pineapple & coconut cake. Well, at least CK likes the taste of it.
OMG !!! The Chicken with Peaches did not get uploaded properly ! CK and myself co-cook this dish as a pot-luck dish for mooncake gathering at eldest brother's house ! As usual, my two nephews would ask me what I have cooked ? Wasn't I delighted when he said peaches is his favourite fruits ! Battle half won, at least if the chicken dish failed miserably, I have the canned peaches as my "back-up" !
**INGREDIENTS**
200G CHICKEN FILLETS
1 WHOLE CANNED PEACHES
1 BEATEN EGGS
1/2 CORNFLOUR
*MARINATE*
1/4 TEASPOON SALT
1/2 TEASPOON CORNFLOUR
1 TABLESPOON EGG WHITE
**SAUCE**
50ML SYRUP FROM CANNED PEACHES
1/2 TABLESPOON CORNFLOUR
2 TABLESPOON SUGAR
2 TABLESPOON KETCHUP
1.5 TABLESPOON WHITE VINEGAR
METHOD
1. Cut chicken fillet into chunks. Mix in marinade and leave it for 10 minutes or longer.
2. Drain peaches from the can. Reserve thesyrup to make sauce.
3. Coat chicken in beaten egg and then in cornflour. Deep-fry until light golden. Set aside.
4. Heat the oil again, deep-fry the chicken pieces again until golden brown. Remove and drain excess oil.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add sauce and cook until it thickens. Stir in chicken and peaches and mix well. Serve.
Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Cinnamon Streusel Topping
-
This heavenly Pumpkin Bread recipe is everything a fall bake should be:
moist, warmly spiced and easy to make. The cinnamon streusel topping takes
this
...
2 weeks ago
5 comments:
Wow, looks yummy, i wanna eat!!!! :)
Hee hee .. I did ask Laoda to bring to wkplace. The ladies dun quite prefer this cake leh. U shd ho by to eat .. hee
Haha, is that icing or coconut flakes on the cake? I generally like butter cakes... keke :P
Well, u got both right ! Both icing and coconut flakes ! Oic .. hmmm.. if got chance, I'll bake u a butter cake ...
haha okie... this is on record. ;) thanks in advance!! :P
Post a Comment