CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Grumpy old lady within ...


It has been a silent struggle within myself for the recent months. Sometimes, I wonder if I am encountering what they said "Mid-Life Crisis" ?

Yes, considering that the age of 37 matches the word "mid" and I am facing a struggle within myself. I couldn't bring myself to say that I am facing a Crisis at all. That would be so unfair since I still have a job to do, a house to stay in and family and friends around me. How bad could that have been ?

I did sit down alone to sort out my thoughts. Why am I behaving slightly eccentric nowsaday ? Slightly more impatient now, slightly more retarded now, easily irriated now, less compassionate now, more critical now .... it suddenly drawn to me that I have been too idle ... or no objectives in life. At times I felt that I am just wasting my life away. Are there something more meaningful that I should be doing instead of lamenting about life ?

I am truly inspired by Raymond and many other ardent volunteers of Noah Arks. Some of you might have known this non-profit welfare shelter for animals (not only dogs). They have shifted the whole operations in Singapore to JB after the lease has expired. Anyhow, I was happy that they have found a larger and cheaper land to house all the unfortunate animals. I was so touched by what he has done for the unwanted and abused animals that I have decided to make regular donations. Jan and myself have made food donations annually but I will follow her footsteps of donating on monthly basis. You can download the form from their website (http://www.noahsarkcares.com/)if you are keen. The form is called "Animal Sponsorship Form"and it was easy to fill up.

Noah Arks is not supported by any Government form and it is solely surviving on public's donations. I have also make a point to pull along CK and invite Jan one of these days to Noah Ark itself. (Jan has been there and she was very impressed by the new freedom that the animals have found there) If you are interested, give me a call and we can arrange to go there together. If I could not be a volunteer in this good cause, the least things I can do for these animals is just mere money.

Jojo Tan is indeed a very blessed and pampered doggie compared to the strays. Hee, you can imagine I have "told" Jojo what nice & responsible "parents" he has (sounded like "小孩不笨" ? Selina's tagline in the movie to her 2 kids) ... he just look at me longingly with his cute little face and tail (I think he thought I am trying to tell him treats are on the way).

2 comments:

CHEWY FAMILY said...

"Standing for what you believe in, regardless of the odds against you, and the pressure that tears at your resistance... means Courage"
Don't worry and stay happy and positive. That's what you have always been :)

babytai said...

Thanks Cheng. Needed a change badly ...

Post a Comment