Before Huey Shan came, I cut the ham, arranged and put them into the fridge. I have also prepared the neccessary ingredients for the fried dumplings. When Huey Shan arrived, she washed the ingredients for salad and prepared the fruits. We have also wrapped the ingredients into the Wanton skins for frying later.
For our vegetarian guest (in fact all of us are quite fond of vegetarian food too), I have ordered 4 dishes of vegetarian food from the well-recommended eatery at Bukit Batok called "Mai Zi Shu". At about 4pm, CK, Huey Shan and myself drove there to pick up the 4 items.
5 minutes before reaching Bt Panjang, Sakae Sushi delivery man called and said that he was just outside our house's door ! This was getting exciting ... we realised we don't have much time left and there were things to do.
While I was busy frying the sausages, the dumplings, fishcakes, nuggets, the guests began to come. I was too busy to greet them from the door.
Anyhow, everyone has managed to make themselves comfortable after half an hour. Some of them were afraid of my doggie and came into the kitchen ... hee hee
It was their first visit for most of my colleagues to our house for the first time, so took this opportunity to show them around our little cottage house. Thankfully it was a windy day and the house was quite airy without any additional fans used. I was still worried that it might be too stuffy for our guests. Jojo as usual was very happy to see so many people in the house.
Sometimes I wish that I could celebrate Christmas with all my good friends but time was was not on my side.
Food for the party ! The "mutton curry" & "cereal prawns are vegetarian dishes.
0 comments:
Post a Comment