CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 29, 2010

A new camera ?

My Nikon camera D70 was at least 5 to 6 years old and it is a second hand camera which I bought over from my cousin-in-law. Recently, it has been "behaving" rather weirdly.

Nikon is having a camera sales till this weekend. I have been wanting to get a new camera and this is a good chance. And best of all, CK said he will buy it for me .... hee hee hee

I am still indecisive which model to get. These models are phasing out soon to make way for new models but it doesn't really matter to me as long as they can deliver quality pictures.


Above beauty is D5000 with a vari-angle monitor with 19 pre-set scene modes. The monitor screen is slightly smaller than D90. Many would consider this camera an entry camera and a replacement of D60. Unfortunately, the Nikon sales package only consists of a camera lens with 18-55mm.


D90 is a higher-end camera and is about $450 more expensive than D5000. The package has the camera lens of 18-105mm which is more ideal for taking far objects.

Overall, I like both cameras. Both have it's pros and cons. Still got 2 more days to consider ...

3 comments:

Xuan n Xiang said...

Diana, go for the D90. D5000 can only use lenses with built in motor, eg AF-S, which cost a couple of hundreds more. So if you average it out, it make not much different.

Furthermore, D5000 cannot remote control the speedlight, ie you need to mount your speedlight on the camera.

Chris

::reggie::nana:: said...

hey,I have been checking out these two cameras too.. but from my limited knowledge of cameras, i thought the specs of D90 is better,i personally would go for D90. plus now the price has dropped to 1688, previously was 1988.

babytai said...

Thanks everyone ... I'll let CK knows. He was checking and tot that both are about the same. But I know D90 is better lah. Going to buy the camera in few hours time. MS colour can further reduce the price:) My colleague recommended Sanyo eneloop rechargeable batteries for flashlight which I'll be getting too.Seems like v v good review.

Post a Comment