CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 26, 2010

All I want for Christmas is you !!!

Woo ... I love the above Christmas song title ! Very contemporary and fast beat !

Like what Fang said, our house has become a Christmas Celebrations nest for 1B18! CK and myself feel proud (not "hao lian" but a sense of pride) and happy that our friends always have a ball of time in our home.

I was trying to review what were the desserts that we have started baking together .. it all happened quite recently only in 2008.

Here were the desserts we have baked together !

Beautifully cut cookies in 2008


Delicious Tiramisu in 2009


Sweet cupcakes in 2010

2011 ? Should we bake a Logcake ?

24 DECEMBER 2010
We fetched the 2 boys from Ponggol on the evening on 24 Dec. It was a relaxing day as we have half a day off work! We had dinner at Cheng's house, thanks Cheng !

We drove the happy boys back and they were playing with Wii in no time. We have some vodka with the boys which we thought it was quite alright. I enjoyed this session a lot as the four of us sat around and talked while eating seaweed. It was interesting to know the youngsters' point of view and their thoughts.


Vodka with 7-up. The 2 boys were much better drinker than I am. They said the vodka have no effect on them ! Thumbs up !

Come come come .... cheers ! Merry Christmas Eve !

Hungry liao ... I cooked some korean maggie mee for them with sausages and eggs. Guess what ? They loved it ! They finished the mee including the soup to the last bit!

We love this korean mee ! Mummies, buy for us !

The boys slept only around 3am in the morning. They were so energetic!

Our home-made American breakfast on Christmas day ! Slightly over-done pancakes but JL ate 7 of them with butter and honey syrup anyhow !


Happy face potatoes and cheese sausages

Time passed very fast with preparation of breakfast, lunch snacks ... for all you knew, it was almost 1pm! Our first set of guests, Fang, Gavin and Kim came!

Oh, when you were running out of time and turning up the heat, food will get burnt. A good example of the Ngong Hiang as shown in photo.

A rather christmassy snack (can be a full meal too). Chicken leg meat wrapped with bacon and sandwiched with ham and cheese. Topped up with a dash of dried Pasley leaves and chilli flakes.

Left-over pancakes heat up in microwave and served with ice-cream !

The rest started to arrive shortly after one another. We just lazed around for a short while and started to make cupcakes. I was not a good teacher as I have not even prepare the recipe print-out! I opened my blog on iphone and Gavin read out the recipe. Before our guests arrived, I have asked CK to prepare the ingredients portion so that we wasted no time.

Cheng trying her hands on the frosting ...

Esther trying her best to squeeze the frosting on the cupcake

After the cupcakes have all their deserving beautiful frosting on their crowns, we have to prepare our own dinner ! BIG job here in a tiny kitchen!

OUR HARD WORK IN THE KITCHEN FOR OUR LOVED ONES AND BUDDIES !

No pizza bases ? Nevermind, let's do this differently this time. Use prata !

Same as above, just that it's double-layer !

Casserole made by ACE

Tiang's black papper sauce Spaghetti

Mushroom campbell soup with added big onions and shikate mushrooms

Chips with Mayo and prawns and fruits

Honey baked ham

Very nicely marinated Chicken wings

Tomato based sauce penne

Sotong balls and some left-over lunch snacks.

Some fruits

Kiwis and pineapples

LET THE FEAST BEGAN!



GAME TIME !
It has been quite a while since we have any games for Christmas ! It's time to have some games for some fun during this joyous festive.

FIRST game


"U think u know me, I tot I knew u" (not actual game name but it's just the meaning behind the game)

I have asked friends to sms or email me something which we do not know about them. It can be anything related to their past or present.


(click for larger image)
Andrew emerged as the Winner. The spirit of this game is to understand our friends better.


SECOND game


We played this rather common game but if it was fun, why not ? Jun Long is very good at guessing!




















THIRD game


We often watch a Taiwanese Variety TV show called "天才衝衝衝~上樑不正下樑歪". The game looks very fun and I thought it will be good if we can try out this game during Christmas. It turned out that everyone loves this game ! I wish I could play this game too.































SOME MEMORABLE GROUP PHOTOS.
The cupcakes looked really nice and so photogenic ! Hee












PRESSIES EXCHANGE TIME !!!


Here wishing all my friends a Happy New Year 2011 !!! Have FUN always, BE Happy, BEST of LUCK, JOYous forever !

0 comments:

Post a Comment