CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 2, 2011

Nostalgic moments with May and Shirley (30 May 2011)

The three of us have mentioned before last year to visit the Tanjong Pagar Train station before July this year and I was glad we have fulfilled this little promise of ours.

It was raining in the morning but we have decided to go ahead. May braved the rain and walked to my estate to drive our car to fetch Shirley from Bishan. Jojo can still recognize May and was delighted to see her ! I guess the walk was well-worth it afterall. (wink)

It was amazing by the time we reached Tanjong Pagar Train station, the rain has miraculously stopped ! Bright and shiny ! What a blessing !

We sat by the railway platform to have a hearty breakfast. The mee siam and the sotong were fantastic ! You will feel like time has frozen, just sitting there sipping your teh-tarik ! I wonder all these vendors will go next time ? I have read that the station will be preserved but was not sure if they will retain the flavour of this place !

Check out the yummy food !

For the great food and ambience, I have requested CK to bring our parents there for a dinner soon. CK has never been to Tanjong Pagar Train station too and it is a good chance to look around this place in it's original state.




Some photos of us taken:





While we were taking some photos inside the air-conditioned lobby, two NP students came and interviewed us about the station for their final year project. Luckily, Shirley was our spokesman on behalf of us.


Other photos around the station:

2 comments:

Shirl said...

Thanks for sharing the photos. I like the one in black and white. Hmm... where is our next destination? Should be Starry starry Marina...

babytai said...

Oh yes ..let's do a night scene :) Should be fun :) May, let us know your schedule when you are not flying the globe :)

Post a Comment