The results were out pretty late ...those who were concerned over the outcome would probably stay late to get live reports !
I stayed half way through ... really too tired for all results to be released. The election's Returning Officer, Mr Yam Ah Mee, wasn't making it easier either with his monotonous announcement. However, he has became famous overnight .. well, anything can happen nowsaday.
Whether you like the outcome, it has been confirmed. However, the good thing is that there are more "voices" to represent the citizens in parliament. Frankly, I supported this idea for checks and balances for any policies made.
Some of the polling statistics in GRCs were rather close. Seriously, I was not surprised at all with the results. There have been too many complaints and grievances over the high costs of public housing, overflow of foreign workers, unsatisfactory public infrastructure, astronomical ministerial salaries and high costs of living. Some soul-searching has to be done to ensure that no Singaporeans are lagging behind.
Personally, the deepest regret of this election is the booting of George Yeo whom I respected. It was the most intense and hot GRC to be contested ! I am glad that I am not in that constituency to make that tough decision !
Let's wait and observe the situation for the next 5 years, starting afresh from today.
Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Cinnamon Streusel Topping
-
This heavenly Pumpkin Bread recipe is everything a fall bake should be:
moist, warmly spiced and easy to make. The cinnamon streusel topping takes
this
...
2 weeks ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment