CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sharing "King of Fruits" with my "Darling" & Ants Attack !!!!

Last Friday, CK and myself went to "Bukit Timah Food Center" to buy some food home for dinner. There was a lorry packed next to the flight of stairs leading to the food center.

An eldery uncle was selling some extremely small durians. I saw another uncle eating the durians on the spot and thought that the durians look delicious. A sudden craving for durians overcame me and told CK that I wanted to buy some. The eldery uncle told me that the durians were from Pulau Ubin. I was a bit hesitant as normally we bought durians imported from Malaysia. Anyhow I decided to give it a try and bought 3 home for $10.00.

After our dinner, we brought Jojo for a walk around the neighbourhood. We reached a familiar spot and Jojo went to the grass patch to explore. Suddenly, without warning, he was dashing about and seemed to be in agony ! I can feel some ants crawling around ... and knew that he must have stepped on an ant nest !

Both of us quickily carried him back home as the area was quite dark and we can't see very clearly. Jojo was struggling as the ants continued to sting him. We took about an hour to clear all ants from his body especially his four legs. So poor thing lah ... the ants actually went straight into his inner furs and landed on his skin. We have done a rough calculation that there must be at least 100 ants on his body. After we had made sure 99% of the ants were removed, we prepared a warm bath for him. After his bath, he seemed alright and able to play again. It was really painful to see him being so helpless to the little mighty ants !

It was quite late after all the saga that I almost forgot about the Pulau Ubin durians. CK was so tired that he went straight to bed. I couldn't really sleep and decided to accompany Jojo for a while longer while I enjoyed a late supper of durians.

The durians were really yummy !!! They are small but the taste of the flesh were very rich and fragrant. Jojo was staring at me while I "attacked" my first durian .. this is the first time that he smell this King of fruits. I remembered that my eldest Sis-in-law told me that his dog loved durians so should be quite safe to let Jojo try some. I put some flesh for him and he licked them appreciatively and begged from me for more ... hee hee. We finished the 3 small durians between us .... "supper-bonding session" with my doggy... and I hope that the durians can "take away" his nasty experience from the ants attack.

0 comments:

Post a Comment