I still remember vividly during our Poly days, the big group of us would always go to KTV for singing sessions. (I wonder how we came out with money for our entertainment ? My mother must have been quite generous with me back then) We were simply so engrossed with singing and we knew almost all the pop mandarin songs and lyrics. We would gathered around on campus or outside tutorial rooms to share latest updates of new songs or Singers.
Back then, Aaron Kwok, Wong Jie, Wu Si Kai, Xiao Song & Xiao Bai, Jeff Zhang had became our Number 1 idols !!! I still remembered dubbing Aaron's MTV using video tapes ... and pasting his posters in my bedroom ! I was simply bowed over by his super good looks despite his rather accented voice ! During that innocence age of 18, who cares about quality of voice ??? His "Beautiful Girl" song was so awesome ... I'm sure a lot of girls were thinking that Aaron was singing the romantic song to them !!
I like Wu Si Kai too. When he first appeared in the singing industry, he could not speak well. So cute ... hahaha ... so innocent.
Those were the good old times whereby you spent part of your youth dreaming away ...
I started listening to English songs when my classmate Alice introduced me to this group called "Air Supply". Their songs were very nice and I simply loved this song called "2 less lonely people in this world" ... I did not have a boyfriend during 2nd year of Poly and thought that this song was written for me ... so silly lah.
Our passions have somewhat faded when we grew older. But for some of us like Lee Lim and Mui Huang, I think we are still getting the singing bugs !!!
Yes, 2 weeks ago, the 3 ladies went to Top One KTV at Bugis to sing from 11am to 6pm !! That's 7 hours of continuous singing !!! We sang from the latest mandarin pop songs to old songs that were more than 20 years old !!! It had been quite a fulfilling session for the 3 of us ... "siong" but "shiok" !!! We felt that we have just given a 7 hours concert marathon !!!
I can't remembered which one of us had chosen this song sung by Vivien Chow and Tai Zheng Xiao ... it was quite a recent Vivien Chow's concert after many years and she invited Tai Zeng Xiao as one of her guests. The 3 of us are so amazed that Tai Zeng Xiao still looks so good if not better !!! He definately look very charming at this age and he looked pretty much like a pretty Korean man !!! We actually chose this concert piece again to re-watch him !!! Aiyo ... so much about dreaming .... we're still dreaming ... help !!!!
For the rest including CK who did not share in our singing craze, we met them at "Sketches" for dinner at 6pm.
Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Cinnamon Streusel Topping
-
This heavenly Pumpkin Bread recipe is everything a fall bake should be:
moist, warmly spiced and easy to make. The cinnamon streusel topping takes
this
...
2 weeks ago
1 comments:
Woof! Woof!
Post a Comment