CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 8, 2008

Oh my Darling, I love you .....

Seems like "Zhou Gong" has been paying me visits continuously for weeks. I've not been sleeping well & not even eating very well for quite sometime and here I am writing my blog at 4:53am in the morning on 8 August 2008 with Jojo trying to prevent me from touching my keyboard.

Talking about 8 August, today our department is going to perform for NDP in the school's convention center. We will be doing a comical storyline cum an indian dance. The comical storyline will be based on 4 characters called Botak Jones (there is such a stall called "Botak Jones" selling western food in Singapore), Tom Jones (a popular old singer), Mrs Jones (From the song "Me and Mrs Jones) and Indian Jones (Yeap, from "Indiana Jones" & the Hero acting this will be none other than our very likeable Dr Forday). There will also be 12 female lead dancers and 12 male dancers dancing towards end of the show. Yeap, cannot believe it lah, one of them is me.

We have been practising the dance with this real modern & funky Indian music called "Oh my Darling, I love you". This particular music has been bombarding my mind for the past few weeks. Of course, we have modified the song to a shortened version and simplified the dancing steps. I love this song, it's just so contemporary and the music beats are strong and distinctive ... it makes you want to dance !!!

"Oh my darling, I love you" song
U-tube --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFHOZ2IiYSc

The whole show is about 5-8 minutes on stage but the hours spent on practising the dance steps in the office have been much more than that. Frankly, I can't dance, so it's an entirely new experience for me. I am mentally prepared to be laughed at today... I've been in NP for 8 years and I've known quite a number of people. But if I can provide some form of entertainment, I don't mind being laugh at, hee hee. (at least I have the ability to make people laugh) I've revealed to some of my ex-dept colleagues that I'll be dancing today and they are very supportive and will be seated near the area I am dancing ... very touched. They have been asking me to relax and rest well ... I wish I could ... really ...

No matter how tired all of us are .. the show MUST go on ....

1 comments:

Xuan n Xiang said...

i think this should be an interesting performance!! First time heard tt u will be dancing leh!! hmm....muz show us photos huh...hve fun :)

cheers, Cheng Cheng

Post a Comment