LL was very patient, even though she did not have anything particular to buy, she browsed around some shops with me. I was looking high and low for a nice looking but inexpensive clock. At first, I thought I saw a shop selling fanciful clocks some weeks ago at basement one but we culd not locate the shop. We went to Marks and Spencer and I bought 1 coconut and 1 grapefruit handwash. Sounds exotic, right ? I told LL that I am influenced by Ah Fang as I knew she likes shampoos and bodyfoam with fragrance. In fact, last month, I bought a few bottles of those heavenly-scented bodyfoam when I went shopping with CK.
We ended up resting our legs and my lunch at Coffee Club. It was amazing that CK managed to spot right on us at Coffee Club after his O.T. LL thought that I have told him our resting place but I only told him we were in Raffles City. Hahaha ! thank God that CK helped me to finished half of my sandwich !
We continued to walk around Raffles City and we still did not managed to get a clock. We managed to find a shop that sells clocks but they were over our budget. However, we managed to buy 3 pieces of small paintings for our master bedroom's wall.
We proceeded to "The Central". As we still have some time, we went to buy some colourful sweets from "Sticky" and waited for the rest at "Huang Ting", a chinese restaurant.
I have pretty high expectations as the restaurant's decoration was quite classy. It was dressed mostly in black with cystal lightings to illuminate the place. The facing of the restaurant was pretty nice as we can see the stretch of Clark Quay's buildings with their colourful facade.
The first few dishes were not too bad but the rest of the dishes were way too disappointing. Frankly, the coffeeshop "ZhiCha" was so much better ! Personally, I find that all the chicken dishes were too tough ! The only food which met expectations were the fried mushrooms, beancurd with assorted mushrooms, duck and fried rice. I could not remember what else was being eaten !
I was not aware what was happening before that as I must be busy talking. Somehow towards the end, the waitress "A" cleared all the empty plates including an unfinished plate of celery cum scallops. The next moment, waitress "B" intersected our birthday gal, Ah Fang and LL with the celery cum scallops and told us fiercely "U have left with these, and u got to finish eating them. If not, we will charge you". At that point, we were all speechless and did not know how to react ! Must be quite stunned by this sudden unfriendly gesture !
After regaining our composure, the restaurant manager was being summoned to our table. Ah Fang told him what has happened. At that instant, I was observing the restaurant manager and how he will react to this situation. He apologised but somehow I don't get to feel that he was entirely very sincere about it. Anyhow, he has decided to waive off the service charges. I guessed it was not so much of waiving off any charges or free fruits platelet (hahaha, we don't even have that offer!)but it was the dining experience that was shuttered by the poor customer service ! I thought that the restaurant manager did not grasp this point to heart !
Apart from the so-so food and poor customer service, we were glad of each other companionship. The mango cake from Breadtalk was nice. (thanks to Ah Tiang for buying) The 2 little princesses were sweet too, they can talk quite well now, ran around and hide behind the "beads curtains" !
BTW, Ah Fang, thanks for all the souvenirs you bought from Taiwan.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the 2 June babies !!!
Sweet Minmin
Sweet Colette
2 comments:
hapi belated burfday to you, CK!
May all ur wishes come true!
Cheng & Family
Cheng, you are still early. CK's Birthday is on 9 June ... hee hee
Post a Comment