CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kena complain

This afternoon, I had a unexpected call from HVR's management office. The Management office got a complaint from a neighbour downstairs that the renovation works at our house was causing a din.

I was quite amused and speechless at first. Then I asked the HVR officer that I did not know how home renovations with hacking and drilling can be quiet ? Jessie has already successfully applied for a one month renovation permit with HVR and so far the renovator has not breach any rules or regulations set by the management.

The HVR officer told us that the din was disturbing the neighbour's baby. To me, living in a community requires a considerable amount of give and take. Even in HDB environment, we have neighbours who have done renovations but we have to endure the noise pollution for that time being. I can understand that the poor baby might have cried or could not go to sleep but they must understand that all these cannot be helped at all. Should all owners who required renovations do a survey at their entire block or even their neighbouring blocks to ensure that there are no objections before they proceed with their job ? I cannot imagine.

Even in Senja where we still resite at this point of time, there was an open square just below our flat. Many activities have been organised during day and even nights, we have endured so far even though sometimes it can be quite rowdy.

Anyhow, I have feedbacked to the HVR officer that the din should died quite soon as the hacking has been done already. I could not help telling her that it wasn't very nice for a neighbour to complain even before we shifted in. Hahaha. I seriously will not do that to a neighbour. I prefer to live peacefully with my neighbours. I think I am gonna missed Senja Road with the kids calling me Auntie Jojo.

I feedbacked to CK about this case during lunch. He shared this complaint with Jo and the rest. Jo, who is 7 months pregnant now also see no reason why the neighbour should complain at all as we have been granted the neccessary go-ahead by HVR management.

0 comments:

Post a Comment