CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Day of Downs and UPS

Today was a busy day for us. We woke up about 7am as our part-time helper was coming. Two weeks ago, the part-time helper told us that she might be going overseas to accompany her daughters studying in UK. Therefore she would introduce her friend, Ah Yin to relief her duty till she came back. They were supposed to work from 8am to 12pm but at 11am, they told me they were leaving as her friend had something on. I was quite disappointed about their irresponsible attitude but I still gave her $40.00 for 4 hours even though she only worked for 3 hours. (For about 1 hour, I could hear them chatting away in one of the bedrooms)

I guessed that we were too soft-hearted with the part-time helper all these while. She is a mother of 3 and I know she worked tirelessly and relentlessly for her 3 children. Therefore we would leave her to do all the necessary housework without giving her any stress. However, I came to realize that she did not put in her 100% devotion and would sometimes "skipped" a number of chores which she doesn't like. We felt a bit disappointed as we thought we had treated her with respect. Most of the times, we would buy additional breakfast for her so that she can eat afterwards.

Anyway, it's never easy to deal with a human being. Most will just take advantage of the situation if they can. If they did not, I'll be surprised ... am I too pessimistic about people ?

So much about the domestic helper ....

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I have arranged with Shirley last week to have some photo shoots taken at our house. Shirley is an enthusiast taking photos and I am the enthusiast taking photos for others. Therefore we complimented each other in this sense. Leia, her daughter has grown but she still retained her sweet face. I loved her hairstyle now as it suits her very well. She looks like a little lovely china doll. Really like some photos we took today with much encouragement for the 2 children to cooperate with the lens.

Click for larger image


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After Shirley and family has left our house, my colleagues came to our house for a visit. This is the first time that we were having them as our guests and I'm excited about it. I was afraid that the food ordered from Pizza Hut might not be enough as it looks so miserable when it came. However with soup ,fruits and cupcakes (bought by Karen) they told me that they were quite full. I was quite relief then.

It was a great sharing and bonding session amongst us and I do appreciate some of them whom came from the east side. Jojo is one happy dog as there were "jie jie" and "Kor Kor" to play with him, however most of the time, he was "imprisoned" in the kitchen when we go to work.

Click for larger image
Overall, today has passed by a blink of an eye lid. It's about 1:05am now ... better stop writing, my eyes lids' were drooping .. almost in dreamland ..

0 comments:

Post a Comment