CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 31, 2008

NP45 !!! LSCT U Rocks ! (2008)

NP45 is to celebrate the set-up of Ngee Ann Polytechnic for 45 years !
We were given real short notice to come up with a float and some form of competition between clusters of departments identified by the overall Committee-in-charge. The theme will be icons representing the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s era. Our dept and our dept partners got to do the 60s icons.

Anyhow I was glad that I was not one of the performers. Instead I took charge of the wardrobe and makeup with Amy and Edna. Within the short span of time given, we were like mad trying to get all appropriate costumes for all the 60s icons. We have famous icons like Elvis, Tom Jones, P Ramlee & Saloma (Malaysia), MGR (India), Wang Sa and Ye Fung, Sakura (Yin Hua), Maria and 2 out of the 7 kids (as in "The Sound of Music" movie)and The Beatles. Of course, not forgetting our environmental friendly "human" float represented by our 12 colleagues !

It was a hectic 2 weeks trying to piece up everything. In order to know the costumes, we need to know who they are. Frankly, I have not heard of P Ramlee, Saloma or MGR before. I went to search for their photoes to get an idea how they actually look like !

We have problems getting apron for Maria or suspenders for Wang Sa and Ye Fung. Therefore Amy bought some cloth and I started to sew 2 pairs of black suspenders for Wang Sa/Ye Fung. At the same time, I bought about 1.5 meters of cloth to sew Maria's apron. Workmanship was course but that's the best I can do .. hee hee.

We were very glad that yesterday we are able to help everyone in their costumes and make-up on time. In fact, we were there too early ! We were told to reach the Sports complex at 4:30pm but somehow the show only started at 6:15 pm or so ....phew ! There goes my dinner appointment ! Will make up the dinner appointment on Sunday then.

So during the "spare" time, we mingled around and took some photographs. Hee, I volunteered to take photographs too. Cannot missed out my favourite passion ! Anyhow it was great to take photoes for all the lovley 60s icons ! They were so kool !

Here's some photoes taken:



















0 comments:

Post a Comment