CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It's "V" day & nites for me !

The title sounds "sensational" & "romantic" ? Far from that, the "V" stands for vomitting ! Opps, don't get the wrong idea though ...

Last Sunday, I was all geared to go Causeway Point for shopping. However, I was feeling kinda unwell and decided not to go ahead.

True enough, I was vomitting the next moment. Not only that, the moment I laid on the bed to rest, I felt like throwing up. I developed a nasty migraine as well. It was terrible and I decided to do self-medication. I managed to find "synflex" in the fridge and took one. I felt better after a while.

On Monday, I was able to go to work. Unfortunately, after lunch, I felt like throwing up again ! I rested in my cubicle till 3 pm and thought that I really need to get out of office to see a doctor. I took a cab to my regular clinic. I told the doctor what happened and after a brief examination, it seems like I have stomache flu. I took my temperature before leaving office and it was 37.5 degrees celsius but by the time I reached the office, it was back to normal range. I told the doctor that I have eaten "synflex" on Sunday and she said that I should not take that as it might aggravate the situation. She asked me what have I taken for lunch and I told her I took rice. She said rice will cause miscomfort too. Geez, means I got to take porridge from now on?

After visiting the clinic, I went back home and Jojo was pleased to see me. I took a short nap and ate the porridge as dinner CK bought home for me. All was well till sleeping time ! I threw up what was left undigested !!! Got that aching pain in my head again! Similiary I cannot lie on my bed without feeling nauseous! I was basically "half-asleep" near my toilet bowl yesterday nite ! I was just hoping that my tiredness would ultimately pulled me back to bed! I was very glad that the doctor gave me 2 days MC ! I only managed to sleep like 3am yesterday ! I dreaded when I thought of bedtime tonight !

3 comments:

Regina Lim said...

yo friend, u better rest well and take care....i think we should meet up next week instead of friday so that you can rest more and avoid outside food?

Xuan n Xiang said...

Hope u are getting better now. Take care!!

babytai said...

Reg, I think I am better now. If still not better, then we postpone, but for the time being ... quite ok.

Post a Comment