CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Housewarming with 1B18

Date : 19 Sept 2009


This morning, I woke up with excitement !!!! Why ? Because my dear friends were coming to our home later ! They always promises good fun and interesting topics to last the day and night !

CK and myself tried to tidy the house a little bit.
He has also made the ice jelly the night before (adding in green pigment too). This easy-to-made and yet refreshing dessert is especially great after savouring the oily food.

Esther and Colette were our first guests at about 10:30am. Andrew headed for his project assignment meeting and would join us later in the evening. As you can imagine, Jojo welcomed them with all his little heart ! I prepared a simple lunch of fried yellow mee and kuay tiao with fishcake, carrots and xiao bai cai. I was a bit anxious as I am not extremely confident of my own cooking especially cooking for others. However, I was glad to see that my two guests finished the fried mee .. hee, maybe they were hungry :)


Colette and Jojo :)

While we still have time, CK and myself prepared the bacon with golden mushrooms, adding the various cocktail cans into the pre-prepared ice jellies, cutting the rojak ingredients (mangoes, pineapple, green apples & cucumbers) ... getting ready for the BBQ tonight.

About 2:30pm, Esther and myself have decided that we could go ahead to prepare the necessary ingredients for the rockbuns so that when BC came, we can plunged into the baking straightaway. Not too sure why, one thing leads to another, Esther finished the kneading of the dough and we were ready to bake the rockbuns ! Yes, not forgetting Colette who assisted by adding in 2 packets of raisins into the dough !
Soon after BC, JL and Min Min arrived with another round of friendly welcome from Jojo ! To Jojo, the more people the merrier ! Tiang, came in soon after with the otahs !

BC was here to coach us how to make Oneh Oneh. Unfortunately, I was not very involved in making this great dish as I was busy monitoring after the rockbuns baking. Once in a while, I'll peeked and see how it was done. BC has photocopied the recipe for me. Very tempting to try out next time !


Our master, BC, hard at work !

Her great helpers, Tiang and Fang together with master to roll the doughs.

Ah Fang, Ryan and Kim came and in time to roll the doughs ! They bought 2 toys for Jojo ! Thank you so much ! Woof ...



After the rockbuns were all baked, I tried to help out with the Oneh Oneh. I boiled a pot of water for the small greenish round dough and put quite a number of the dough inside. Poor BC was very busy scooping the boiled dough with the small drainer ! In fact, a few doughs were burst and the gula-melaka might have flowed out. Opps, my fault, I have been too greedy to put in so many doughs into the boiling water.

The rockbuns got real good review. All thanks to Esther who did all the kneading of the dough.

CK proceeded to the BBQ pit to do some ground work like setting up fire and waiting for the on-line BBQ items to come in. Meanwhile, we have not been idle, we were busy taking out all the rest of the BBQ stuff to bring downstairs.

JL, Ryan and Kim have went for their long-awaited swim with Dean sitting comfortably on a decking chair monitoring them ! Ah Fang and myself loitered around the pool for a while trying to capture some photos and videos of the kids playing.


The threesome having a good swim.





Kian's sis family came too, I brought them to the house to take a look first as it was Reginia first visit to our house.








Time flew by quickily, by the time I settled down for some food, it was already 9pm. We would need to clear the pit by 10pm. Think we ordered too much food, there were quite a lot of left-over especially chicken wings and otahs. Of course, we could distribute the food to everyone to take home.






0 comments:

Post a Comment