Second round of baking rock buns ... to play safe, called BC to check the procedure again. Before coming home, I went to Shop & Safe and bought the SCS butter too.
Kneaded the flour with butter longer and more evenly this time, the dough looks better. The colours looked right too. Am I getting there ?
Hee, yes, indeed they tasted better now. At least, a step closer to my master, BC's rock buns.
Receipe: (Yes, from our secondary school days home economics receipe..thanks to BC)
Cheng Cheng, hope u'll try this receipe in US for your family :)
100g plain flour
1 tsp of baking powder
50g butter (can cut into cubes)
50g sugar (u can reduce sugar if u don't like too sweet)
1/2 eggs (beaten)
Raisins (to your liking)
1. Sift the flour and baking powder.
2. Add in the butter and rub with the flour and baking powder to form a dough
3. Add in the sugar
4. Add in the beaten eggs and mixed well
5. Add in the raisins
Oven can be set at 190 degree Celsius. Baking time is from 15 to 20 minutes.
3 comments:
Great! I hv totally forgotten abt rock buns till I saw ur blog. hmm...itz time for me to bake rock bun too! BTW, ur got recipe boh?
Yes got recipe. U must have done this before coz my friend BC still kept the Home Economics Book till now. Receipe on blog :)
thanks diana! I will try it out.
Post a Comment