CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Chinatown 2010

I make it a point to visit Chinatown at least 1 time before Chinese Lunar Year. This year, the motivation is higher as I need to "replace" the CNY ornaments that have disappeared mysteriously !


The first few stores seems familiar. The items they sold are mainly Taiwanese sweets and CNY ornaments.


I got no courage to venture any further since I was not intending to buy any sweets from the stall. I proceeded to the Garden Bridge.


This was taken from the Garden Bridge. This year, the theme is sweet pink blossoms.


Not sure why there are stalls on the garden bridge now ? There are too many stalls around the area without having more stalls on the bridge. It will be harder for people to pass by closer to CNY.


The rather grand entrance from Garden Bridge to the food street.


The stalls along the street.


Notice that there are more hip fridge magnets besides the usual merlion ones. However, these magnets do not represented Singapore very well especially those with Mickey and Minnie mouse. Maybe they should consider "Universal Studio" theme instead of Disneyland characters in future ? Hee hee ...just kidding. Some traditional magnets are going as low as $1. Saw quite a number of young Asian tourists buying them.


The CNY ornaments I bought for our CNY tree.


A short video clip of Chinatown.

2 comments:

CHEWY FAMILY said...

Wow, i didn't realise that CNY is just around the corner till I see your blog! And so fast, you are already putting up the decor! I really missed the CNY mood in Chinatown.

babytai said...

Cheng, I took the photos partially for u to see too ... in US, there's totally no CNY mood there, I guess. CNY decor so much easier to put up than Christmas ...

Post a Comment