My mum and myself re-watched a video tape converted CD of Ah Ma's Birthday taken in 1996 on 1 January 2010 ! This video was taken by me during Ah Ma's birthday. It was a yearly affair then when Ah Ma was alive. I was always the official party organiser in terms of decorations and photography. That year, I bought a video recorder and thought that it would be great to capture the moment I was glad I did ... I missed my lovable, cheerful and kind Ah Ma ... sometimes, I wish she was still alive to see everyone of her beloved grand daughters. Yes, it was strange that Ah Ma dotted over grand daughters who would do anything to gain her smile and praise. Ah Ma was a simple and happy person. She does not need great wealth, expensive stuff to live happily. She was grateful as long as we were happy. I remembered I praised that her cooking was the best in the world and she was happy for days. (of course, that was a genuine praise) I learnt my cooking skills from Ah Ma too by staying by her side as her assistant a she cooked up her storm. My favourite dish cooked by Ah Ma was "chilli meat with soyabeans". It was really delicious !
Everyone, get ready liao ! It was time to sing birthday song to Ah Ma ... Hmmm, think it was a 2kg blackforest cake Ah Gu bought for Ah Ma.
Singing Birthday song to Ah Ma. Ah Ma "reminded" everyone to clap (in hokkien) after the song was sung. So cute ... Ah Ma not having an easy time blowing out all candles on the cake.
Ah Gu helping Ah Ma to take out the candles. Ah Ma was originally from Fu Jian,China. Her hokkein accent was slightly "heavier" than the usual hokkein we commonly heard. "Hair you, hair you" means "yes yes". Ah Ma refusing to smile widely as she self-confessed that doesn't have tooth ... hee hee. Humorous is also one of many Ah Ma's traits.
This photo was taken during a trip to Sentosa which was very rare for Ah Ma. I developed this photo and gave to Ah Ma. She was showing off this birthday gift to Australian Auntie. Hahaha ... my cousin, James, browsing through the group photo and asked me where was I ? I was the photographer meh ...
Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Cinnamon Streusel Topping
-
This heavenly Pumpkin Bread recipe is everything a fall bake should be:
moist, warmly spiced and easy to make. The cinnamon streusel topping takes
this
...
2 weeks ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment