As I was experiencing a bone muscle ache near my chest, I was really not up to task to join them. I could not even carry a bag or bend down without feeling pain. Before I knew of this condition, I thought I was having minor heart attack! I consulted my Dr Lim Lu Ping a few days ago why was this so ? She took my blood pressure and listened to my heart beats and assured me that it was not a heart attack as my heart beats are regular and my blood pressure is within healthy range. However, the pain near my chest actually lasted more than 10 hours ! It was not surprising as it can last for more than 2 days for some people ! Anyhow, I was very very glad that the pain subsided on the second day after 5 pm !
It was still amazing how my mum and myself could still leisurely walked to Mongkok to do some light shopping. I thrown out all my stuff from my trolley luggage bag and let my mum brought this with her so that it was easier and lighter to put shopping stuff in them. This was the minimum that I could do as I could not carry heavy stuff.
Mongkok,旺角, was an extremely and crowded shopping area. Somehow, you felt a bit disoriented (maybe I was during that day)as there are too many alleys and small shops. There are many food stalls to tempt you as well. You must visit Mongkok area to get a feel of the densely packed shopping area ! Mongkok also lead you to famous streets like Ladies Street, Goldfish Market, Fa Yuen Street etc. It was indeed a very 旺 place !
Somehow, we "ventured" into smaller lanes with stalls in MongKok. I was quite worried about finding our way out later. The Golden Rule that was one my mind ... look out for the main road on the left...
Stinky beancurd ... after thinking, mum and myself have decided to give up the idea of trying.
BBQing squids and fishballs etc ... a common food in Hong Kong streets.
A great found ! Very tasty cold noodles ! A bit spicy though. You are allowed to mixed and matched the ingredients with the cold noodles.
My friends went to "Wong Da Xian" to visit the famous temple. There are 2 heart-land mall called "Lung Cheung Mall and Wong Tai Sin Shopping Centre.
Wong Da Xian temple
They managed to find "Heng Xiang", a famous Wifes' biscuits in Hong Kong ! Fang knew tat mum and myself sure cannot find this shop which was true ... hee hee. She bought more boxes and sold 3 boxes to us ! So far, Heng Xiang's Wife's biscuits have been the best I have tasted. It was the good old traditional taste that revolutionary biscuits maker could never catch up!
Traditional red packaging with loose pieces of Wifes' biscuits inside! The first Heng Xiang is situated at Yuen Lang which I have tried before. However, it was kinda far away from central Hong Kong. If you bought in bulk, they have delivery service ! They have franchises in places:
Hong Kong
Address: Counter at Sogo Department Store, Basement 2, 555 Hennessy Road, Causeway Bay
Phone: +852 2831 8414
Opening Hours: Daily: 10am – 10pm
Kowloon
Address: Shop L103C, LG Level, APM, Millennium City 5, 418 Kwun Tong Road, Kwun Tong
Phone: +852 3148 9213
Opening Hours: Daily : 10am – 11pm
Address: G/F, 579 Nathan Road, Mong Kok
Phone: +852 2394 7668
Address: Counter at Sogo Department Store, Basement 1, 12 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui
Phone: +852 3556 1180
Opening Hours: Daily : 10am – 10pm
New Territories
Address: Shop 151D, Level 1, New Town Plaza, Phase 1, 2-8 Sha Tin Centre Street, Sha Tin
Phone: +852 2609 0832
Opening Hours: Daily: 11am – 9pm
Address: Shop 2088, 2/F, Metro City Plaza, Phase 2, 8 Yan King Road, Tseung Kwan O
Phone: +852 3194 3836
Opening Hours: Mon – Fri: 11am – 9:30pm Sat – Sun: 11am – 10pm
Address: G/F, 64-66 Yuen Long Main Road, Yuen Long
Phone: +852 2479 2141
Fax: +852 2479 4611
Opening Hours: Daily: 6am – 10pm
In the morning, we had a very satisfying breakfast at "Shamrock Restaurant" for Dim Sum which was just opposite Prudential Hotel! (I stayed at Shamrock Hotel 2 years ago, but Prudential is a better hotel)
In the evening, then we all gathered together for dinner again, we ate another good meal. In Hong Kong, it was all about their fabulous makan and shopping ! Besides great Dim Sum, do try their assorted mouth-watering desserts too !
0 comments:
Post a Comment