This was done in such a hurry that I made some grave mistakes !!
My 3/4 finished products. (need to put in fridge) The muffin is moist and nice. I must take note of the frosting procedure in my next round of baking.
What was underneath the layer of frosting .... next time I must remember to use a jar with sprout to pour the mixture inside the rather small cups. Fast and not so messy.
Cocoa was used. (Left-over from Tiramisu making). First time using Poon Huat's cream cheese imported from Australia. (Verdict: Not too bad) Poon Huat sells this whipped cream too for the frosting.
Cream colouring .... the blue turned out pretty nice but the yellow was rather disappointing. Maybe I should increase the density of the yellow colour in future.
RECIPE
Perfectly Chocolate Cupcakes(makes 24-27 standard sized cupcakes)
U must refer to this fabulous website --> http://glorioustreats.blogspot.com/2010/04/recipe-perfectly-chocolate-cupcakes.html
2 cups sugar (I only put in 1.5 cups)
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa (best quality available)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda (I put in more baking powder instead. Turned out ok)
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (best quality available)
1 cup boiling water (I replaced with boiling milk as recommended by Amy)
Directions-
Line muffin tin with paper liners. Heat oven to 350*F.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for one minute.
Stir in boiling water (the batter will be thin, don't worry, this is right).
Fill liners 2/3 full with batter.
Bake cupcakes for aproximately 22-24 minutes.
Cool completely on wire rack before frosting. (another mistake, never read probably ... I do frosting on rather hot muffin ... so silly lor)
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
½ cup (1 stick/8 Tablespoons) butter, at room temperature
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature (about 250 g)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups powdered confectioners sugar (I used fine sugar ... a mistake. Must used icing sugar)
1 to 4 Tablespoons heavy cream, heavy whipping cream
Directions:
*Place butter in a large mixing bowl and blend slightly. Add cream cheese and blend until combined, about 30 seconds.
*Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar and blend on low speed until combined. Increase to medium speed and beat until it begins to get fluffy.
*Slowly add the heavy cream, a little bit at a time until desired consistency is met. (Don't add too much if you want the frosting to stay in place when piped on cupcakes.)
*Beat until fluffy, about 1 minute.
*Use at once or keep refrigerated. (This frosting will keep well in the refrigerator for several days, but you may need to re-beat it for the best texture.)
2 comments:
Nice cupcakes! Despite in a hurry, your frosting looks so nicely done!
Thanks Cheng ... I was so worried squeezing the frosting tips...but it's quite fun making cupcakes lor.
Post a Comment