Trying the recipe on a few layers of thin paper holders. They turned out to be alright. The extra layers of the thin paper holders will be loosen naturally after the baking was done. This time round, I our the mixture into a jar with sprout and it was a breeze to pour them into the cups !
It seems like there was nothing wrong with these cupcakes ? Sigh ... I followed the recipe very closely this time and added the Baking Soda as indicated. Somehow, the cupcake raised loopsided !!! For next week's baking, I will stick to my own style with just baking powder ! Oh, I use a knife to cut across the loop-sided top and covered them with the frosting. I did not have any green colouring. I just mixed the yellow and blue colouring that I have to get this green colour.
This is not the cake that I made with the cupcake recipe. My cupcake recipe cake was ruined !!! The middle part was not baked at all. I was quite disappointed as Amy could do it. I kinda suspected that the round baking pan was too deep, therefore it was not baked well. I went to buy a cheap ready-made cake from a confectionery shop near my MI's house as I do not want to waste the frosting meant for the ruined cake. What a day ! I spent like a few hours doing nothing much at all.
2 comments:
I would have thought that the ready-made cake is covered with foundant if you didn't say that. It doesn't look like frosting though.....
They were frosting from the left-over ... a bit difficult to spread over the cake though ..
Post a Comment