CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Trains trains ....

The 78-year-old Tanjong Pagar railway station will be relocated to Woodlands from July 2011 onwards. It's going to mark another historical moment for many Singaporeans and Malaysians even to those who did not travel by this mode of transportation.

I love those old old tracks ... they brought back a lot of nostalgic moments. I remembered my only railway experience on train operated by Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) was when I was 13 years old. It was an unforgettable trip with my mum, uncle, aunties and cousins to Genting. The continuous teasing from my annoying male cousins probably was one of my "highlights" and why I remember vividly this trip so well. Lol, now we are all middle age citizens liao. That was indeed a very rare trip for many of us during that time. People were not that affluent and a trip like this meant a lot to us.

I requested CK to bring me to the railway tracks near Verde Road. Somehow, that was not very ideal location to take photos as there seems insufficient space to avoid the train. CK suggested the tracks behind Garden Vista Condo along Bukit Timah Road. That is indeed a better location. It was actually quite dangerous to walk outside the tracks. While we were there, a train came by and it was quite frightening. Recently, there was a chinese national that was found dead near the track in Hillview. When I thought of that, I couldn't help feeling that it was downright dangerous ! Jojo was shivering when the train passed by him !!!

Anyhow, here we are ... the tracks where train goes by.









2 comments:

CHEWY FAMILY said...

Nice! A very nostalgic photography. We would love to visit the railway station when we are back.....

babytai said...

Yeah ... before the tracks are removed :)

Post a Comment