CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pizza & Radish Cake

Partial Home-made Pizza


Bought the pizza base and cheese from Poon Huat. There is no worries of wastage of food since the expiry date is still some time away. Pizza sauce can be bought from major supermarket (not sure if NTUC carry this item, we bought from some Ah Moh supermarket). Toppings for pizza is up to your choice. Ham, green pepper, bacon, onions etc ... In future, I will make the pizza base. Have goggled for pizza base recipe and it was not difficult at all.


I have tried steaming 2 types of radish cake. They turned out to be quite different ! I prefer this recipe as it's more fragrant.

RECIPE 1 : STEAMED RADISH WITH CHINESE SAUSAGE CAKE
Ingredients
400 g radish (I have replaced 100g with shredded carrots)
100 g shrimps (too overwhelming ... 80g is good enough)
150g chinese preserved belly (chopped) (I didn't add this.. the rest of the ingredients were good enough)
2 stalks of chinese sausages (chopped into small cubes)
1 tablespoon chopped shallots

Batter
300g rice flour
1 tablespoon wheat starch (I did not have this so I replace with corn starch, not sure if this is ok)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of caster sugar
800ml water

Seasoning
1.5 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sesame oil

Method
1. Combine batter ingredients lightly, strain well and keep aside.
2. Prepare filling, heat up 2 tablespoon oil to saute chopped shallots at medium heat until fragrant. Add in dried shrimps, chinese sausages & seasoning, stir briskly until aromatic.
3. Add radish (carrot) shreds into the filling, stir well. The, gradually add in batter, and keep stirring, cook at low heat until thicken. Dish out, pour into 9 inch square steaming tin and level the surface.
4. Steamed in the pre-heated steamer at high heat for 35-40 minutes until cooked through. Remove from heat. (Wait till cool the cut so that the cake would not break apart)

You can keep in fridge for few days after the cake is cool. The cake can be fried with little oil which tasted even better.




This is the other recipe which has less ingredients and more rice flour.

RECIPE 2: RADISH CAKE


Ingredients
Group A

1200ml water
350g sifted rice flour
20g sifted tapico flour (I replaced with corn flour)

Group B
2 teaspoon minced garlic
50g Chinese sausages- chopped
50g dried shrimps
150g radish shredded

Seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoon chicken stock grandules
2 teaspoon pepper


Method

1. Grease and line baking tin with greaseproof paper. Combine Ingredients A and mix well.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil int he wok. Stir-fry garlic, chinese sausages and dried shrimps till fragrant. Add shredded radish and Seasoning and stir-fried briefly. Add Ingredients A and stir-fry thouroughly. Pour mixture into baking tin and steam over high heat for about 40 minutes. Remove and let cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment