As I started to tackle the piece of beef patty burger on my plate, I was rather regretful of my choice. I have just heard of from my colleagues over lunch about Indonesia cattle abuse. Very glad that this act of sin was exposed over the media, yes, one good thing that the media can play it's part!
Clearly, I do not have the courage to open the link to watch the video. I did opened a video once that was circulated in FB about killings of whales in Japan for food that sent shivers down my spines. Just by reading an article of how animals over the world was being abused and used was enough to give me nightmares! The Newpaper ever had this article about the fur industry. It was horrifying !!! They actually skinned the fur of a certain breed of dogs when they still alive for their furs in China ! I am totally against fur industry ! Why are people so cruel ? Try cutting off a small patch of your skin and see how painful it is !
It doesn't matter whether pets were being abused or our food source like cattle were being mistreated, they are living things that feel much pain and fear like us. For food that we consumed, humanity must be given to the rearing process and finally send them to the slaughterhouse for a fast and humane death!
When I was much younger, I was ignorant of many things. Food on the table was often taken for granted. They were just plates of delicious food that I have paid with mere money and would enjoyed eating them. The basic needs of filling one's tummy has been long been forgotten since we have attained so much to care where our food sources came from. It was only these recent years that I have paid more attention to this issue to know that food is so scarce in the world now. We must be the luckiest bunch around to be able to have piping hot and varieties of food around us... readily available.
Somehow, I recollected an episode where I was given a treat by someone who is much older than I am, many years ago. She will be very conscious over left-over food and would try to encourage us to try to finish the food. At that time, I thought she was quite strange. Why force people to finish the food ? She is so well-off, why did she has to do that ? Doesn't look very nice on her to do that ... Now that I know her intentions, I thought she is a very wise person. It was not about the money at all, it was about the wastage of food !
Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Cinnamon Streusel Topping
-
This heavenly Pumpkin Bread recipe is everything a fall bake should be:
moist, warmly spiced and easy to make. The cinnamon streusel topping takes
this
...
2 weeks ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment