This must be the most memorable way to end 2009 as I laid on the hospital bed yesterday night.
I was watching one of my favourite shows, "Bai Jia Le" when I felt an aching pain in my tummy. I thought that I was just having a normal stomachache. As time went by, the pain became acute. Despite the usual throwing out and pooing, the stubborn pain just wouldn't go away ! I was practically confined to the washroom with cheerful Jojo hovering around me, totally oblivious of the discomfort that mummy was feeling!
CK came home and asked me whether should I see a clinical doctor ? No, I think I wouldn't make it to a clinic in my situation. I felt so painful and was in tears that I was not confident that I would make it in time to queue in a clinic ! After checking on the internet that we were abusing the use of an ambulance for my situation, CK called for an ambulance to send me to NUH. I hated hospitals but at this moment, my fear of hospital evaporated. I just need to be being myself again !
The security guard actually brought the two medics to our unit. I was ushered to a wheelchair cum bed and was pushed inside the ambulance. As I was inside the ambulance, somehow, I thought of grandma. I was with grandma in the ambulance when she had a heart attack and got to be send to NUH. My tummy was still very painful and it seems similiar to birth contractions ! After my discharge, I mentioned to CK that it felt exactly like birth contractions even though I have never gave birth to a child !
After some bumpy ride, I guessed we reached NUH A&E. I was transferred to a portable bed leaving CK behind to do some paperwork. I was left alone for a while with my tummy still painful but no one attending to me. A group of young doctors was having a walk-about with a senior doctor and I prayed that they don't come to me. To me, it was pretty irritable to have people discussing about you hen you were still in pain.
Finally, a nurse came and gave an injection on the arm and took my blood pressure. I was pushed to another resting bay for observation. After waiting and waiting, a female doctor came and pressed my tummy and asked a series of questions. Another jab was given to me. I was given four charcoals to eat too and was put on a 4 packets of drip.
The pain became less intensive. The contractions became shorter and less frequent.
A male doctor came in after the final drip and I was discharged. I couldn't wait to get home ! I met CK at the Pharmacy to collect my medicine and headed home.
Today, the pain was still there but it came once in a while. Hopefully, with the medication, I would be fully recovered by then.
Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Cinnamon Streusel Topping
-
This heavenly Pumpkin Bread recipe is everything a fall bake should be:
moist, warmly spiced and easy to make. The cinnamon streusel topping takes
this
...
2 weeks ago
2 comments:
Diana, are you feeling better now? Do take gd care okie!!!
Hi Reg, feeling better now, pain subsided but poo still runny ... lol. Sorrie, sounded gross. Thanks :)
Post a Comment