
With the new launch of EPL2, EPL1 has to give way and therefore explains a current promotion now. I wanted to try a different brand and technology besides Canon and Nikon. Olympus Pen is a Micro Four Thirds digital camera and is like between a compact and DSLR camera with exchangeable lenses. (2nd picture)
I got ready my cash and my man to drive me to Mscolour at AMK.
Somehow, when I held the rather retro-looking camera and shot some samples of the surroundings, I was not exactly very satisfied or excited about the quality of the images taken. Rather disappointing. Maybe I should wait ...
Since we have made a special trip there, I tried using Canon S95 which is relatively good for low-lights condition shooting. The black alumite finish aluminium cover of the camera looks so sophisticated! (Canon S95 is a very compact camera)

The salesman was very supportive of Sony camera and kept introducing me a similar model to that of EPL-1. However, I did have my reservations about Sony products. Firstly, my first-ever owned Sony Vaios laptop did not even survived the 2 years installment period I have taken up many years ago. Secondly, our Birthday gift to my cousin, a Sony Digital camera, was spolit after only a year. So I was very hesitant to make an impulse decision on the spot.
With CK besides me, strongly discouraging me to buy any cameras, I relented. However, I could not bring myself to leave Mscolour without anything, seriously !
In the end, I bought a Nikon 50mm potrait lens which I absolutely loved !!! It costs me $195 but it was all worth it !
Testing out the lens at home.
0 comments:
Post a Comment